Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Pool Cover?

wrote in message
Well ... SteveB....

Thanks for weighing in, but as to your comments that "You sound like
it's the children are a bother, "...

As I stated my children's safety IS MY FIRST PRIORITY!!! This is why
they are currently not allowed outside under any circumstances when
the pool is covered, and in the summer, only allowed outside under
STRICT supervision at ALL times... to suggest that I need to "Watch my
kids." is beyond the pale, and over and above and kind of advice I am
asking for here... in addition, it borders on downright obnoxious
banter on your part...

A fence like the one you had mentioned is NOT as safe as a safety
cover IMHO... Any kid can climb a small fence. My kid is NOT going to
be able to unbolt all anchored tie downs on a safety cover. My
original post said that I wanted to protect my kids first, keep rain
and leaves out secondarily, and maybe provide a means to claim yard
space. The fence idea does absolutely NONE of these.

Thanks anyway. Anyone else want to give me some ideas without
lecturing me on how to raise my children?

You're welcome. Check with local safety officials. Although they'll tell
you the same thing, and you'll still resent it. You seem bothered by having
to secure your pool from your kids in the first place.

Steve