Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Sony KV27S15 died

"Wayne Tiffany" wrote in message
. com...

"Wayne Tiffany" wrote in message
. com...

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
. net...

Sony's part number is 8-759-805-37. Any Sony distributor can get it;
Andrews Electronics number is 800-289-0300.

Mark Z.

Well, that's the inexperience showing through. I didn't think to chase
the Sony part number. Thanks.

WT

Found one and ordered. Next week when it arrives we'll see if it makes
any difference.

Something that keeps coming to mind is that the family has complained for
some time that if they hit the volume up or down button, the channel would
also change. I had thought it was maybe related to dirty switch contacts,
but now I'm not so sure. We also have another Sony set that is doing it
now. In both cases the remote would operate it just fine. So I'm sitting
here thinking that if this 5v regulator had been failing for some time,
could that affect that? And if so, is it failing on the other set??

WT

Front panel buttons are usually multiplexed, a bad connection on or to the
panel will cause weird things like this to happen. Glass cleaner dripped
down into the switches can cause it too.