Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Roy Roy is offline

Default Harbor Freight wood Lathe 34706

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 00:47:41 -0600, Roy wrote:

I have decided to purchase the Harbor Freight 34706 wood lathe and the
47066 set of chisels.

I do think I will wait some time for a sale price and % off coupon to
lower the cost to me.

Thanks to all that made comments on my situation. I have learned a
lot already and don't even have a lathe yet. I also have lots of
websites bookmarked that will get further study.

Happy Turning

Roy

add 400 after roy in my email if anyone has a desire to email me
directly.
They have the above lathe on sale at the retail stores in this area
now for 199.99 and the 47066 lathe chisel set for 36.99.

I would be new to wood turning if I got these.

Would they be suitable for a beginner to see if I would even like
woodturning? I know they are not the best and many have a total
dislike for Harbor Freight tools. I have found for me many of their
tools are just fine, some are useless.

Now if they would come out with a 10%, 20% or bigger coupon this would
look even better.

I see people on EBAY selling Harbor Freight coupons. I emailed HF
about those and why I did not get them, I am on their email and snail
mail lists, and got a mealymouth useless answer as I expected telling
me no useful information.

Any comments on any of this is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Add 400 after roy in the email to send me email.

Roy