Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Oh boy...

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
news:w1Uxj.37238$v57.9619@trnddc05...
At an estate sale for a family member, we discovered a 4 inch tall bottle
of mercury my grandfather had hoarded.
My brothers and I offered to buy it back from the winning bidder. The
winner's buddy told her not to sell it, that it was valuable.
I explained to her that it would be very difficult to get rid of legally.
Their greed won.
Hehehe

I wonder if the recycling folks anywhere will receive mercury...
--

Sure. We have mercury recycling run by the county here in Middlesex, Joe.
Where are you? Somerset or Hunterdon? They probably have mercury recycling.

I still have a pound or two that I bought 25 years ago for cleaning out the
lead in the muzzle brake on my Hi-Standard Supermatic. It takes about one
ounce every 10 years, so I'll have it for a while. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress