Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon[_4_] Jon[_4_] is offline

Default Oh boy...

"BillM" wrote in message
news:%HTxj.23285$6t3.4002@trndny07...

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
news:UdTxj.9470$Dz4.4447@trnddc01...
UGH. Mercury is the coolant - a metal liquid. Likely very active.

Not the case. Secondary discussions indicate that the mercury will exit
the hole I drill, not be sprayed onto the surface as I drill...
--

Kinda OT, but there is a drill and mercury involved.

Old gunsmith trick for drilling holes in HARD parts. Heat the drill bit
to red, quench
in mercury. I would suspect that if caught doing it in this day and age
the eco-police
would frown.

At an estate sale for a family member, we discovered a 4 inch tall bottle of
mercury my grandfather had hoarded.
My brothers and I offered to buy it back from the winning bidder. The
winner's buddy told her not to sell it, that it was valuable.
I explained to her that it would be very difficult to get rid of legally.
Their greed won.
Hehehe