Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Pool Cover?

on 2/28/2008 9:47 PM said the following:
Are you speaking of the anchored down variety? Kind of like the one
that they advertise with an elephant on it? Because almost 50% of the
perimeter of the pool is higher than the rest, this would make for a
very odd shaped custom cover wouldnt it? I mean, if the cover is to be
pulled tightly, what happens with the right-triangle shaped opening
that would be there just after the drop off from the patio for
example? Do they sell some kind of wedge or something that is to be
installed to act as a slope?

As I said in my post, I wouuld like to be able to walk on it, I am not
sure the "safety" covers are meant for that. Although I am probably
just out of luck on that... I guess I could live with enough saftey
for my kids to run across it to get a ball or something though.

When I installed my safety cover for the first time last Fall. I walked
across it to show my wife how safe it was. I weigh 200 lbs and I got my
feet wet up to my ankles. It was brand new and hadn't stretched out yet.
I intend to make it tighter next year, but I doubt that my feet won't
get wet.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY