Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default LTspice Question

ehsjr wrote:
Joerg wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:05:27 -0500, legg wrote:

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 07:09:14 +0100, "Helmut Sennewald"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson"
schrieb im Newsbeitrag

LTspice Question:

I have a client using LTspice.

What is the best way for him to import a design from PSpice?

Would it work if I make my schematic into a SUBCKT that includes the
device models within the subcircuit?

...Jim Thompson

Hello Jim,

Yes this may be OK. LTspice is very compatible to PSPICE
except for digital devices.
Why making a subcircuit? Just run the netlist as it is.

Best regards,
Helmut

I suspect that at the level of simulation intended, the digital
devices ARE analog.
RL

ALL digital is ANALOG ;-)

The SW manager at my first employer said that since Max Planck all
analog is digital ;-)

Analog is digital, and Planck is constant. Go figure. :-)

Digital units all have the tendency to be quantified and constant. Until
the not so digital stuff strikes. Ground bounce, ringing, crosstalk,
EMI, magnetic coupling, supply glitches, the sales guy answering his
cell phone and so on. Then they call on us analog dudes again ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/