Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default How is Visio Service?

wrote in message

I still
prefer big heavy CRT tv sets and computer monitors.My computer monitor
is a 22'' CRT NEC Multisync monitor.Maybe I am old fashioned, but I just
don't care for thin screen solid state screens.

Curious.... how come?

This has been gone over many, many times. To some of us, including myself, a
high quality and properly adjusted CRT just looks better. LCD screens have a
speckle effect to my eyes and do not appear smooth and natural like a CRT.
On top of that, if you wish to display a non-native resolution, it will be
scaled and display aliasing and other artifacts, there is no way around this
as an LCD panel has a fixed grid of pixels so any image with a different
resolution or aspect ratio must be cropped or scaled to display it. The
color, tint, and brightness vary considerably with viewing angle. Some
people can't seem to see these effects, I tried to point it out to a friend
and he couldn't see what I was talking about but I can. I hope that some new
display technology comes along before CRTs vanish entirely because they're
clearly becoming a thing of the past.

Before anyone chimes in with "you must be using a cheap consumer LCD", I've
used many LCDs, including some high end professional grade stuff, some look
a lot better than others, but I've yet to see one that can stand up to a
really good CRT in terms of image quality.