Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default Oh boy...

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:39:32 GMT, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

Now I know why I do so much better than my competitors sometimes... Just
got a call from a potential customer who wants to drill .250" holes in
radiation hardened 316l stainless while spraying the unit with mercury...
1" thick stainless with no coolant.

Sounds like a prank call at first, but turns out to be a nuke application.
All my competitors turned him away. Wonder why.

If the drill "bit" breaks, they close the door, destroy the whole container
and start over with a new unit from me.

I'm guessing that I need to run at 50 RPM or less. Any thoughts?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Hey Joe,

Sounds like a job for a Cole Drill or EDM.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.