Posted to alt.home.repair
JC[_2_] JC[_2_] is offline

Default Expanding foam stuff to fill gaps.

"willshak" wrote in message
on 2/28/2008 2:23 PM No talent Repairs said the following:

Iam just looking for some foam putty kind of stuff to fill some holes
under my sink around pipes and stuff. I was just wondering if there is
some foam stuff you can use ??

Thanks.

\
I am in Australia.

I don't know about Australia, but here in the US we have "Great Stuff"
made by the Dow Chemical company.
I goes in as a foam, expands, and then hardens to a creamy color. It can
be carved after hardening.
If you have it there, be sure to use disposable plastic gloves when
applying it as it gets pretty sticky and hard to get off your hands.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Baby oil seems to work pretty good at removing it from skin. But if you get
it on your clothes, do so in a pattern or design that you like because it's
gonna be there forever. G