Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fill crawl space with foam?

"Robert Allison" wrote in message
news:TWCxj.34462$6h7.32075@trnddc04...
As to your original problem, you should just install fiberglass batt
insulation between the floor joists. That would go a ways towards
eliminating any coldness from the floor. BUT, the floor is most likely
not the problem as it is rare that a floor will allow a room to become too
cold. Most heat loss is from the walls, ceiling, and especially windows.
I will bet that this alcove has windows on three sides, doesn't it?

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

One wall's got the garage on the other side. Viewed from the garage side,
the whole wall consists of some sort of masonry. (firebreak?) The other two
walls each have a window. In the attic, there's plenty of fiberglass over
the ceiling. It's a 1956 house, though, so the socks I'm wearing are
probably thicker than what's in the walls.