Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Concept in concrete

On Feb 27, 6:53 pm, " Frank" wrote:
My Pocket Ref does not give approximate weight of dried concrete per cubic
foot.

About 2/3 cu. ft. per 80 lb. premixed concrete bag. So its about 120 lb. /
cu. ft.

Actually the number commonly used for estimating reinforced concrete
weight is typically 150 lbs/ cubic ft. It's slightly on the high side
but that's pretty much what people use for "normal weight" concrete.

Your number of 120 is approaching the range of light weight concrete &
is low for "normal weight" concrtete for two reasons......

an 80 lb bag only yields .6 cu ft (per mfr's info) & you forgot the
water

http://www.quickrete.com/PDFs/SPEC_DATA-ConcreteMix.pdf

the "real" number is probably closer to 140 but 150 is what everyone I
know uses.

cheers
Bob