Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Oh boy...

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
newslCxj.9168$xg6.6303@trnddc07...
Now I know why I do so much better than my competitors sometimes... Just
got a call from a potential customer who wants to drill .250" holes in
radiation hardened 316l stainless while spraying the unit with mercury...
1" thick stainless with no coolant.

Sounds like a prank call at first, but turns out to be a nuke application.
All my competitors turned him away. Wonder why.

If the drill "bit" breaks, they close the door, destroy the whole
container and start over with a new unit from me.

I'm guessing that I need to run at 50 RPM or less. Any thoughts?

1) Don't do any testing or applications engineering in your plant.
2) Study up on hazmat gear.

3) Make sure your life insurance is paid up.

d8-)

--
Ed Huntress