Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Insulation to cavity wall query

Franko wrote:
Hi all,
I'm having a conservatory built on the side of my house and the lads
have been and built the base & dwarf walls, we are now awaiting
delivery of the conservatory which should be in a couple of weeks.
The walls are brick outside and Celcon/Thermalite inside and are
600mm high with one side wall full height and a 50mm cavity.
It looks like a tidy job they have done but I have noticed that there
is no insulation in the cavity, is this not really needed or will it
make a difference to the comfort levels in winter if it is insulated.
I realise that it would be a little tricky to add batts now due to
fiddling around the wall ties but I'd rather do it now than regret it
later. Any input greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Franko.

It's pointless insulating the walls when the roof is made of half inch
plastic and there's no insulation under the floor, which is why no one
bothers.