Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Dry mix concrete question.

Frank" wrote:

-snip-
Don't know what the ratio is as its pre mixed sand and 3/4" aggregate. I get
15 yards and they dump it on my driveway. All its needed is water and
cement.

I can't imagine that being a good idea. I am anal about keeping my
cement/sand/gravel ratios.

How much cement do you add to your premix? That premix has to vary
from a 1-3 to a 3-1 by the time it ride in a truck, gets dumped, gets
moved around while shoveling-- and hopefully it is covered as a few
drops of rain will bring all your sand to the bottom of the pile.

What are you mixing it in? Are you letting it set up too much before
screeding?

Jim