Posted to alt.home.repair

Default two types of fence contractors

On Feb 28, 12:00�am, "peter" wrote:
I'm shopping for contractors to replace a wooden fence.

There are two types of fence contractors: one specializes in building fence,
the other is a general contractor. The fence contractor usually hire a lot
of cheap laborors, use the quickest way to fastern the fence together (nail
guns).

The general contractors usually claim they do higher quality work and
charges more (perhaps 50% more) than the fence contractor.

How do you decide which is the better deal in the long run?

ask the fence contractor for some references. i would likely use him,
because thats all he does.........

but it might be me........

check BBB too.

We needed chain link i found the fence contractor was the best deal
and its been fine for over 10 years now. i couldnt buy the tools and
DIY it for what he charged.

just be there to supervise the installation, wierd stuff comes up.