Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] vk3bfa@hotmail.com is offline

Default Boring a hole question...

On Feb 28, 10:20 pm, Anthony wrote:
wrote in news:e69e0683-12c0-4d97-bdbb-0e47cffe4f71
@u72g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

The most logical problem to your measuring issue is you do not have the
telescoping gauge square to the hole each time. As a simple thing, square
up two edges of two blocks the same or slightly thinner than the handle
stem on your telescoping gauge. Drill a couple of holes in the blocks. Then
use some wire ties to strap the Telescoping gauge stem to the blocks, with
the blocks being about 90 degrees to each other. This should square up the
gauge in the hole for more repeatable measurement.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email

Quite true - I do know how to do it - your method is a bit more
elaborate than what I knew, so thank you.

But it wouldn't work - the table doesn't go down far enough to clear
the gauge handle to get it vertical.(Have tried....) And if I remove
the job, or the tooling, to do so, then that introduces more
complications....

Andrew VK3BFA.