Posted to alt.home.repair

Default heat gun and lead paint

On Feb 27, 9:39�pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:
I am thinking about purchasing a heat gun to handle old paint in my
house. �I tested the paint, which I presumed for years was lead-based
(and sealed under layers of modern paint, but the test came clean. �I
am no fool and there has to be SOME lead paint in my house though. �I
am thinking about purchasing a heat gun and was told by a friend that
if I keep the heat at 450 degrees then I probably wouldn't have
problems with it.

Man up!

Lead paint won't hurt you.

at least work in a well ventilated area, windows open fan blowing
fumes away from you and out window.

replacement windows with new trim will save you long term.... better
sealed windows for lower heating bills, and added home value at
resale.

i once saw my neigbor strip and redo all his steel casement windows
one summer ollie did a great job.

2 years later he replaced them all since they were so cold and still
leaked...

he sadly wasted one summer of his life