Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What is Dexion / Handy Angle called in America?

Ross Herbert wrote:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 03:38:34 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

:N Cook wrote:
:
: I was writing up tip for working on large desk top , mixer amps
: http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/mixer.jpg
: The perforated angle metal marked D and the other one between D1 and D2
: supporting the edge.
:
:
: Are you familiar with Unistrut?
SNIP

I did some research on Unistrut and it appears it was invented sometime in the
1930's and released to the world in 1940.
http://www.unistrut.com/literature/i...doc=NO_1D&pg=1

They have an archive of old stuff to reminisce about...
http://www.unistrut.com/literature/index.php?archive=1

It's a pity everything you touch these days seems to be part of the
multi-national Tyco.

At least I got it for free, for a couple years. A large, local
electrical contractor 'Let me' haul off the scrap conduit and hardware
so he didn't have to pay to send it to the landfill. I used a lot of the
scrap in projects, and wads of cash by selling the used 3" & 4" rigid
conduit to a small welding shop. I still have some new aluminum conduit
in my pipe rack. If it was heavier, I'd make a cool, polished aluminum
ladder rack for my pickup truck. With a few modifications, I could use
it to lift my power chair into the bed, too.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida