Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What is Dexion / Handy Angle called in America?

Ross Herbert wrote:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 03:38:34 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

:N Cook wrote:
:
: I was writing up tip for working on large desk top , mixer amps
: http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/mixer.jpg
: The perforated angle metal marked D and the other one between D1 and D2
: supporting the edge.
:
:
: Are you familiar with Unistrut?
:
:http://images.google.com/images?q=unistrut&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GWYA&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Yep..

Since it first appeared out here in the early 60's it was used to build overhead
ironwork in some telephone exchanges. It was sufficiently strong enough and
easier to handle than the heavy rolled steel U channel previously used.

I've also used the aluminum, and fiberglass versions. Another good
use is inside a truck or trailer to strap down your load where ever you
need to. I even made a spare tire holder out of some for the inside of
my 79 Dodge pickup truck, because you couldn't get the spare out of the
under body hanger if you had a flat on the back of the truck.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida