Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
[email protected] autobus_prime@yahoo.com is offline

Default Rotary phase converter: local ground or all the way to the panel?

Folks:

I gotta say, when you start tossing 20HP rotary convertors and 10 hp
motors
into the pot, economy starts to shed its meaning. Best to do the job
right.
If a 10 hp motor can't pay for its own infrastructure it might as well
go to
pasture. I'd say this even goes if the motor is for recreational use
-- fun
does have value, but fun can turn bad if you cut corners. Don't skimp
on
your hot sticks when turning on your Tesla coil.

But, man, ten horses...some people have big fun, I guess.

A P