Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Rotary phase converter: local ground or all the way to the panel?

According to :
In alt.engineering.electrical rpseguin wrote:

| I'm just renting the house, which, by the way, doesn't have any
| grounded outlets other than a couple of GFIs in the bathrooms.
| The landlord did put 3 prong grounded receptacles in, even though
| there's no ground wires in any of them.

They don't make very many 2-prong ungrounded GFCI receptacles, even
though such things would work and can even do a self-test without a
ground wire.

True. But to clarify: three prong GFCI receptacles that aren't grounded
are legal. Ungrounded three prong outlets _downstream_ of a GFCI are
also legal (as a retrofit), as long as you use the stickers saying
"ungrounded outlet" on them.
--
Chris Lewis,