Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
James Arthur James Arthur is offline

Default Oil prices climb to $101.11 a barrel...

On Feb 27, 1:15 pm, "Jim Thompson" To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-I...@My-
Web-Site.com wrote:
"James Arthur" wrote in message

On Feb 27, 12:27 pm, Martin Griffith wrote:
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:35:22 +0100, in sci.electronics.design
"Frithiof Andreas Jensen"

wrote:

"Jim Thompson" skrev i
en

http://www.marke****ch.com/news/stor...7B40D68525%2DB...

Feb. 26, 2008

.................................................. ................................................

As the broader market began to regain lost ground, crude prices for
April delivery gained 2.3% to a new high of $101.11 a barrel on the
New York Mercantile Exchange, surpassing crude's last record of
$100.65 hit last week.

...Jim Thompson

What people *should* be watching is the price of Wheat, Soy Beans e.t.c.
because that is where trouble will come from. In the middle east, India
and
Pakistan people are going from being middle class to having to choose
between heating and eating! China has enacted price controls -
*ensuring* a
shortage (maybe they will shoot some farmers to get the point across
that it
is well to produce at a loss)

PS:
And welcome to the brand new regime of Ressource limited growth
replacing
Finance limited growth. South Africa's mines are running below capacity
due
to lack of electricity.

This sort of sums it
uphttp://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/natur...

andhttp://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-ed-food26feb26,0,3838970.story

Not fair--Mr. Bush responds wholeheartedly (if ill-advisedly)--with
Congress in tow--to their (Greens in general, and the LA Times in
particular) criticism about not supporting alternative fuels, then
they lambaste him when he does.

That's not helpful. We need less advocacy & more sensible
discussion. But I suppose it's outrage that sells.

Cheers,
James Arthur

It is more than fair.

I mean it's not fair for these same guys to criticize the man for
doing the very thing they demanded he do.

I'll tell you why, when it comes to do the right
thing, Bush did everything too late. And when it comes to do the wrong
thing, he did it foolishly and very quickly.

Mostly no quarrel there, and I agree that biofuel's a bad idea.
Greenies and other conspiracy-types think there's some easy,
suppressed solution. There isn't.

Everyone wants magic, wants it free, and don't bother us with the
details. Government, in the business of pleasing people, is more than
happy to oblige...politicians of both parties *love* to spend money on
their constituents, no matter what the cause.

Cheers,
James Arthur