Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] amy@nwcomputer.com is offline

Default Project help

On Feb 24, 12:48*am, wrote:
Hello. *I am trying to create this:http://www.clotilde.com/detail.html?...a=bobbin+saver

except in a straight version, not round. *I have a piece of 1/8-inch
diametersiliconetubingand a piece of 1/4-inch diametersiliconetubing.

My question is: *Is there a way to calculate how wide I should cut the
slit/opening so that the piece will grip different sizes?
Any information about this will be appreciated.

Regards,
Amy

Thank you all for your replies.

RLM--I am not going to use the piece to hold bobbins. I just wanted
an understanding of how to determine the width of the slit and still
have it grip. As it turns out, a piece of garden hose will be too
large.

Bob Engelhardt--Thank you for the detailed explanation. This will
help me figure out what I need.

JR North--I tried to search for such an item.. Do you happen to know
more about it or what it's called?

Ken Sterling--I haven't tried Lowe's, but I have tried my local Home
Depot. They don't have the tubing I need.

Martin H. Eastburn--I will make test cuts to experiment. For now, I
have a limited amount of tubing, so I thought if I could narrow down
the number of test cuts to do, it will help.

Again, thank you for your responses. I appreciate your efforts.

Regards,

Amy