Posted to alt.home.repair
DaveR DaveR is offline

Default Reconnecting Gas Dryer

I disconnected my gas dryer for some construction work and now ready
to re-connect it.

The dryer, flex hose, and fittings were all replaced three months ago.
I have a few questions:

1. Since these connectors are almost brand new, I assume there is no
reason to replace them? Or should I play it safe and get new
connectors, or even replace the flex hose?

2. Do I need to install new pipe dope or teflon tape when
reconnecting? I believe pipe dope (some green stuff) was used when the
plumber did the original install, but assume it is dried out now so I
need more.

3. What kind of wrench should I use to tighten the connectors? Is
there any danger of overtightening, or should I go as far as I can?

I realize I should do the dishwasher soap test to ensure there are no
leaks once I'm done.

Any advice would be appreciated.

--
Dave