Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charlie Bress Charlie Bress is offline

Default How is Visio Service?

"galsaba" wrote in message
I want to buy a Visio TV , 32" LCD.
I am curious to know if anyone knows how their service is.
Do they send technicians to fix? do i need to ship the TV to them? Is
the quality OK?

Thanks

galsaba

I have the same size Vizio and have had it nearly a year. I thought the
sound was a bit raspy in some situations.
I called Vizio (it was about 4 months old at the time). The guy I talked too
asked some intelligent questions and decided to replace the speakers AND the
sound board. They arranged for a local service man to do the job. He was not
from a TV repair shop and I gathered that he did more commercial projects
than residential.

Vizio had FedExed the part. After the repair was done it still sounded the
same with the new parts. My guess is that it is frequency response issue and
I wish I could see how a good sharp wave form is reproduced. I venture that
it would have some overshoot on fast risetimes. Then again I could be wrong.

At any rate, the picture is OK. Since it is a stand alone and I cannot
compare it to other brands, I'm happy with it. It can't be beat for the
price.

The owner's manual is the best I have ever seen in consumer electronics.

Charlie