Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Earthquake

"MM" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 02:56:24 GMT, "Fray McBentos"
wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Anyone else feel it - just after 1 am? Worst one I've known here - the
whole house shook.

--
*(over a sketch of the titanic) "The boat sank - get over it

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

A good 10 seconds I felt it for here in Blackool.

My house made creaks and other noises and I heard rumbling a bit like
distant thunder

First one I've ever felt, really nasty

Ditto. I'm close to The Wash. Must be terrifying to live through a
really big 'quake. This one was extremely frightening. Never
experienced ANY tremor in 62 years, so at least it's one experience I
have had before I die! I don't want another.

We once slept through a much bigger one in Iceland, I was so disappointed.
It's good to have a new experience.

Mary
Leeds, woke us up, lasted perhaps not more than half a minute. No damage.