Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 1950s Chest Freezer Refurbish

Dunno, my area is a mix of hydropower and nuclear facilities.
oh nuclear at least that doesnt pollute spent fuel killer hazardous
for millions of years.........
we are about to see a resurgence of nuke plants, i wonder what
troubles that will cause?

About the same amount of trouble they have EVER caused in this country:
ZILCH

ahh sadly one mistake creates another chernobyl like event.

while the reactor cores and compartively well protected in the
containment building, the large concrete domeed building ........

the spent fuel rods are stored in roughly insecure normal building. if
a terrorist sent a small plane loaded with explosives into one of
these facilities, cooling water can be interrupted.

you have a major disaster.

I support more nuke plants once the nuclear waste issue is addressed.

currently they are thinking of burying it in yucca mountain nevada