Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix Bob Mannix is offline

Default Earthquake

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

Anyone else feel it - just after 1 am? Worst one I've known here - the
whole house shook.

Here in West Yorkshire I perhaps should have noticed something but I
didn't notice it at all. However I was asleep.

Also par for the course. There was a noticeable terror in Skipton in the
late 80s. First thing I knew about that was when a colleague rushed in
to share the experience. He had been dictating a letter at the time and
played back a distant rumble to try and convince me the quake had
happened.

Aaaaargh, that'd be the Skipton Terror of which many tales be told. "Twas a
full moon and evil beasts walked the land..." etc ;o)

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)