Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default water softeners

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 02:53:10 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"cj" wrote in message
i would like to purchase a water softener and after a bit of research i see
that there are lots of choices. should i have my water tested and then use
that info to make a choice? we do not use a ton of water ( just two of us)
so i should probably make my choice based on that also..right?
thanks, cj

Step one is to test the water. Hardness is important, but other chemicals
can be a problem also. Reputable water treatment places will do a basic
test at no charge and make recommendations based on the results.
Personally, I'd avoid Culligan and the like as they are usually the highest
priced units available.

Look in the archives for this group and ask Gary Slusser for a
recommendation and he can even sell you one at a good price.

Comments from Gary can come in a few days. He retired too a motor home
and travels. :-)) According to him.

--
Oren