Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] nadhra@gmail.com is offline

Default Terminologies used in oscilloscope performance testing/calibration

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me either via explanation or by
referring me to a proper site to understand more about this issue :

1. What is the difference between the term frequency response and
bandwidth in term of testing/calibration oscilloscopes?

Some UUT manuals refer to the term as frequency response, whereas some
call it bandwidth. Is it the same thing? While the standard reference
manual call it frequency response.

2. What does it mean by pulse, rise time, trigger sensitivity? Do they
necessarily means the same thing?

I highly appreciate any helps or reference on this matter.

Thank you,
Nadhra