Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default fs: anyone need a snow tapping machine TA series

well, someone on this group got the Hardinge lathe, but this tapping machine
is still available - my friend moved it from ventura to near los Angles - If
we can't find someone interested, it will become parts and scrap metal - I
haven't spent time looking at it carefully to see if it has "good stuff" in
it or not. It looks like a drill press on steroids - might be something you
could turn into a specialty mill if you didn't want it for a tapping
machine. or maybe a super duper low speed drill press. It uses air and
electric power, but I don't know exactly what the air is used for until I
look more closely at the machine.

anyway, if you would like the machine, contact me by going to my web site,
www.wbnoble.com and looking up my email

I know that is inconvenient to make you look up my email, but it
dramatically reduces spam.

"William Noble" wrote in message
.. .

"Winston" wrote in message
Wes wrote:
"William Noble" wrote:

I have a friend with a TA-2-A snow tapper, near ventura Calif, he would
like to sell it for $250 you pick up - drop me a note if it might
interest you - similar items on ebay are $1900

What is a snow tapper? Wes

http://www.autoinc.com/Stockmachinepics/0638.jpg

A tapping machine?

--Winston

yes, a machine for tapping holes - Aviation surplus, I believe, from a few
decades ago. possibly douglas aircraft surplus - anyway, it's available
if you want it