Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Doe John Doe is offline

Default Where to buy machine screw assortment?

Jon Elson wrote:

I rip a little piece of a paper towel off and twist it into a thin
cone and poke it into the hole and twirl it to get the chips out.

I keep a basket full of recycled used paper towel portions (from
non-chemical/biological uses). They can be used for cleaning bolts
too. Fold the paper towel into several layers, hold it on the bolt
with your fingers, and use a cordless drill to slowly spin it off of
the bolt. To get rid of plastic chips on plastic screws, just move
them around against the carpet.

Have fun.

(Professional shops use compressed air, but my family would
object to this late at night.)

Jon