Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_9_] Frank[_9_] is offline

Default 4" DIAMOND WET CUT BLADE

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
MiamiCuse writes:

What does "wet cut" means? Does it mean you spray water on it as you
cut?

You use a tool designed for wet cutting.

They say, "You can use this blade in your hand-held electric grinder,
circular saw or table saw."

My kitchen installer cut the granite slab with a regular 7 1/4" circular saw
and didn't even connected it to a GFI circuit. They also form the bullnose
and the undermount sink cutout with a regular 4 1/2" grinder, also not
connected to the GFI circuit. 4 hours of grinding and no hearing protection.
Unsafe but very skillful installers.

Nope, you need a tool that gets wet and
doesn't electrocute you or ruin itself, not just any cheap blade spinner.

Those are nice but its a few hundred to a few thousand dollars each.

An air-operated tool would be appropriate as a budget version, if you
happen to have air already. But they tend to be rather wimpy for grinding
and sawing.

Wimpy because most compressors don't have the CFM including my 240V
compressor.