Posted to alt.home.repair
Franklin Franklin is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

On Mon 11 Feb 2008 18:30:38, Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:04:46 GMT, Franklin wrote:
Donna, is there a freeware engineering tool for designing domestic
hot water heaters. Maybe there is one which links into a
suppliers a bill of material parts systems or their inventory
system. That would be useful for all of us.

Can you help us?

Hi Franklin,

Thanks for asking for help. I did some research just for you and I
think the closest I can find to help you in a freeware section
(since you are so well known from the freeware side) is the GAMA
Association of Applicance Manufacturers web site - open and
available to all.
http://www.gamanet.org

At that site, they provide links for both supplier and consumer
bill-of-material and inventory calculators, mostly for suppliers
who wish to design and deliver inventory to commercial and
consumer.

For example, here's their section on product certification:
http://www.gamanet.org/gama/inforeso.../Product+Direc
tories?OpenDocument

Here is their section on government affairs:
http://www.gamanet.org/gama/govtaffa...Docs/Current+I
ssues?OpenDocument

And, Franklin, here is their section on public information:
http://www.gamanet.org/gama/stats.ns...Information?Op
enDocument

I've run a few more searches for you and this is the best they have
that I can find to help you but I will try to see if I can write a
PERL program that does the FHV and ER calculations I need.

You can rest assured Franklin that I will post the results (if
successful and meaningful) back to the group but first, I'm asking
the experts who know much more than I do about the implications of
the FHR and EF ratings because I want the program to be correct.
Don't you think that prudent?

As you know, I always help everyone I can and I always give back
more than ask for, and I summarize in the end so a newbie starts
off where we left ... so, you can rest assured, at least on the
water heater topic, that I will provide full telephone numbers,
part numbers, product specifications, prices installed, gotchas
(like mandatory replacement of flex pipes and $77 plumber's
inspection fees) and the like.

What else do you need Franklin?

Donna

Hello Donna

Are you able to help me with my freeware question I posted in reply to
the same message of yours?

See

Thank you for your help. This will be a great project for us all and we
will help lots of other people too.

Franklin

--
Some of Hummingbird's k00k methods are explained he
http://www.searchlores.org/way_kook.htm