Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default A circuit is 99% down.

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 01:39:49 -0500, "Jimmie D"
wrote:

"RBM" wrote in message

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

Thanks for responses.

Actually, it's not just the outlet - it's the entire circuit. I've
just replaced the outlet, but it didn't fix anything. Also, it's the
last outlet on the circuit. Could the event have broken a connection
somewhere else or killed the circuit breaker (although I think I've
tested that).

Quite possibly. Now you need to look at every outlet and switch on that
circuit. Start with the ones close to the circuit breaker. You should
also check the hot AND neutral connections in the circuit breaker panel.

Ditto, you said you checked the circuit breakers, but didn't say how. Open
the box and check with a test lamp, each breaker terminal to ground

Make sure you have really checked all the outlets. I had a similar problem
with all the outlets in one bedroom. Fuse box was labeled for that bedroom.
It also went to one outlet in the living room on an adjoining wall. My wife
found this while I was scratching my err head when she plugged in the vaccum
in there and found it didnt work either. It was then I noticed there was no
livingroom on the breaker panel. every outlet there was shared from some
other room in the house.

Check outlets on adjoining walls.

Jimmie

And consider better fusebox labeling.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent
force for atheism ever conceived." -- Isaac Asimov