Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh William R. Walsh is offline

Default What is Dexion / Handy Angle called in America?

Hi!

"Xerox is not a verb." And they won, because people started
saying "photocopy" and later "copy." Damn that must have been
an expensive campaign.

They did? There are some words that despite being trademarked, are well
accepted ways to describe a process or piece of equipment, whether or not it
was made by the trademark owner. The last I knew "xerox" was one such word.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/xerox

If anything, I think the term might have fallen out of favor because of all
the competition in copying machines. It is rather unusual around these parts
to see a genuine Xerox piece of equipment.

William