Posted to uk.d-i-y
Appin Appin is offline

Default Consumer unit trips without reason that I can find

The message

from contains these words:

On 23 Feb, 20:43, "Jim Alexander" wrote:

[...]

Google "DZ47" and you will learn something to your advantage.

I didn't. What exactly do you think I might learn that would be to my
advantage?

But to get back to your problem, I don't think the make is as important as
the system design issues alluded to by several people here but which you
don't yet seem to have acknowledged.

It's not that I haven't acknowledged it, it's just that I haven't the
faintest idea what they're talking about! Seriously, electrics is a
Black Art as far as I'm concerned. I originally posted hoping someone
would give me a few steps that I could take to locate the problem. As
the thread has gone on, it's become increasingly clear that there may
be any number of possible solutions, almost none of which I am
personally competent to pursue.

Edward

I think there's general agreement that your consumer unit has been wired
in a less-than-dieal way.

It's possible to change the way it's wired in order to minimise the
possiblity of nuisance trips and limit the damage they can cause.

Although your box does not appear to be a current-production Chint,
everything about it seems to indicate Chinese -- though that's not a
negative thing at all.

Since you don't have the expertise to put into practice the suggestions
re your consumer unit, you're going to have to call in an electrician to
make sure that the cooker, hob nad water heater are no longer on an RCD
and that the 30mA RCD is changed for a 100mA RCD. That las change
alone might remove the nuisance tripping.