Posted to uk.d-i-y
crb crb is offline

Default Monodisc taps with unequal water pressure

On 26 Feb, 13:33, "Stewart" wrote:
I saw monobloc kitchen tap for sale in Lidyl at an exceptionaly good price
and wanted to buy. *My brother who is a plumber said not to do so as I would
get a problm similar to what you are describing.
He said that most of these taps are made for untits with combi boilers when
the pressure of both hot and cold are the same.

I bought the Lidl one (£15), as the £100+ "high quality" Pegler one
that I bought was useless in terms of hot water flow (gravity fed from
hot water cylinder) - and yes, I did check that there was no flow
restrictor or mesh filter, and I changed the flexible hose for a wide-
bore version).

The Lidl one works perfectly - and it does not drip.

CRB