Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
charlie charlie is offline

Default Anyone know where to buy semi-silvered glass?

"Tom M" wrote in message
. ..

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message
Tom M wrote:
How about a reflective ND filter?
Edmond Scientific has them. I think I might have some laying around.
Send me an email at t miller @ u maryland . edu. (remove the spaces)

I don't think an ND filter will work. The reflector needs to reflect the
light in a consistent direction, whereas the ND filter will disperse the
light randomly, I believe.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Best wishes,

Chris

No, these are semi-reflective. They are not absorptive. If you contact me
via email, I will send you a picture.

I'll send you one for nothing if it will work. They are 0.060 thick and 50
x 50 mm square.

Tom

how about silver coated dichroic glass? i'd bet
http://www.cbs-dichroic.com/main.asp could make you a bunch. i have a
contact who does a lot of glass grinding for precision optics companies who
also might be able to provide this. contact me at chaniarts at yahoo dot com
if you want a reference.

regards,
charlie
http://glassartists.com/chaniarts