Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Where to buy machine screw assortment?

"John Doe" wrote in message

A correctly tapped hole will not work. I will look into
thread forming fasteners, but I've heard that a machine screw into
aluminum can do that. Unfortunately, as I keep trying to get the
message across, the cheap machine screws I have give way under too
little pressure. I know they aren't going to be strong enough for my
application.

The answer to your question is no. Screws are not made to work in
incorrectly tapped holes so you can get them very tight.

Weld the pieces together. Use locktite, go troll the cat news groups.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.