Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Adding circuit to FPE panel, are breakers still available?

I am renovating a kitchen in an apartment building in which all of the
units have Federal Pacific panels ( I know, that's a whole different
topic, the building owners are well aware of the issues with them) .
I would like to add another circuit to the panel, there is room. The
problem is do they still make replacement or aftermarket breakers for
these panels? The other option I have is to use a 2 pole breaker that
was for a 220V A/C that is not used anymore, but do I , or can I,
physically cut the pin that joins the 2 breaklers so each can operate
seperately?