Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Brad Brad is offline

Default Dead Compaq Presario 1200XL Laptop/Notebook

Hi,

My Compaq Presario 1200XL laptop/notebook won't power up (dead).

Note: I service TVs, etc. but not computers except my own.

I checked the power micro switch (AOK). I removed the
battery, then tried to power it up again the next day without
installing the battery. Also, I used a bench power supply set
at 19Vs as a sub for the AC adapter with the same results.
I checked the 5 amp fuse on the mother board.

When I press the power button/switch, there is absolutely no sign
of a response (reason I checked micro switch).

The only indicator that lights is the one that shows the AC adapter
is plugged in.

If I could get my hands on a schematic, that will be a big help.

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.