Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What is Dexion / Handy Angle called in America?

In article ,
N Cook wrote:
Rolls Royce did something similar, after other companies started saying
"Our brand is the Rolls-Royce of televisions" or whatever. Again they
won, with enough financial clout to back their legal threats.

We've always hoovered over here . We've always referred to molegrips and
stanley knives etc. Come 11/9 or even 9/11, if you must, we all had to
find out what on earth box cutters were. You would think that RollsRoyce
would be pleased that their name was being used as a synonym for quality
design/manufacture. Failed campaign

It might be if indeed that appliance was of the best quality. But if it's
just adspeak, as much is, and it's poor or just average, R-R might not
want to be associated with it.

--
*Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.