Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John Wirth John Wirth is offline

Default Remote off button on Nova DVR XP

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
Are you THE John Wirth whose picture I see in a catalog?

nooo...sorry...That's some guy that had a better idea than I did about how
to make a living...and we just happen to have the same (uncommon) name.

To check the leads in the blue connector I had to make two pins to fit
inside the openings. I started with some a little bigger and sanded them
down on my 1 inch belt sander to the approximate size of the pins on the
connector.

Good luck with your tinkering.

It would have been nice if Nova had put a jack on the control panel box
attached to these leads. Then they could have sold an optional remote
button which would just have plugged in.

They could have made some more money off of me too with that option.

John Wirth wrote:
Thanks Gerald, I have a friend who has an XP so I'll be able to compare
the control panels...then get brave and forge ahead with a meter.

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
John Wirth wrote:
Gerald,
Do you have any idea if the stop button wiring is the same on a DVR
3000?
John Wirth
"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
. ..
Here's how I replicated the OFF button in a remote kill switch.

I have never seen a 3000 up close. Does it have similar controls, such
as start, stop, esc, speed up, speed down? If it has an off button, you
could probably trace and see which wires are "connected" when you push
the off button.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA