Posted to uk.d-i-y
stevelup stevelup is offline

Default What energy efficient lights do you use for your kitchen?

T i m wrote:

We are quite happy with the std flouros Steve. We retain the storage
space and also get easy to maintain efficient lighting. I'm also not
sure 'hidden lighting' is in keeping with a house over 100 years old?

I can understand that.

1200 quid for a Mac with a single USB, no optical drive or Firewire
Steve?

Yes but it's pretty... Same argument really as the one between a
single 4ft fluorescent and multiple halogen downlighters

Nice. It's amazing how something so clean can come from such a mess
eh. It's also amazing that the whole space could be illuminated by a
4' flouro while you were doing it! ;-)

Hey - it was 2' actually! To be fair, the only thing it achieved was
us not falling over each other1

Very integrated.

We have a 19" TFT and a Pro Logic surround sound system (MS fronts /
centre, Celestion Little Ones rear, Yamaha active sub all via a
Sherwood R 125RDS) and in spite of my Arcam'd mate getting annoyed
because this 'cheapo' setup sounding better than his it hasn't been
used for years .. (we aren't film watchers).

The front room at this house is half the size of the one where we
lived before which is what prompted my to bury everything in the
walls. It cost twice as much as it would have done with everything in
the room but we've saved an awful lot of space.

Yup. When I was buying this place on my own some 30 years ago whilst
working for BT it was all I could do to buy the place and afford the
materials. Hours and hours of evenings and weekends disappeared in new
floors and removing chimney breasts, rewiring (well wiring as there
wasn't much in here), running gas, water etc etc left me pretty
d-i-y'd out.

Sounds a lot more challenging than my projects!

Now it's just a matter of keeping things working and enjoying
ourselves outside the house!

That will come before too long hopefully... Garden next after the
inside of the house!

Steve