Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Where is a "safe place" to dispose of 14 oz. propane tanks?

on 2/24/2008 10:31 AM Robert Allison said the following:
willshak wrote:

on 2/24/2008 8:52 AM Norminn said the following:

mm wrote:

Where is a "safe place" to dispose of small, 14 oz. propane tanks?

The web is no help.

I called our city about getting rid of propane tanks for gas grill.
Our city has a lot of
recycling programs, but don't take propane tanks. City said that
Walmart and Lowes take empties. Perhaps they
take your smaller ones as well. Or perhaps a welding shop knows
what to do.

Return them to a store that has one of those "Rhino" ( or other brand
) propane replacement cages outside. In my town, they have them at
beer stores, supermarkets, and quick stop stores, among others. Get
new approved OPD full tanks for your old tanks.

What a great idea! You mean I can take my empty soldering torch
bottles in and they will trade them for propane tanks for a grill?
Sweet! Have you done this yourself?

Sorry. I was drunk and missed the part about the 14 ounces.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY