Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart Jim Stewart is offline

Default Where to buy machine screw assortment?

John Doe wrote:
Randy Replogle spamgoeshere1 verizon.net wrote:

I suspect that you don't even know what you don't know.

Heya Bert.

Drill and tap the "bottom" part correctly for a machine screw of your
choice. Drill a hole in the "top" part slightly larger than the body of
said screw. Place the screw through the top part and turn it into the
threaded hole of the bottom part. The top part will now be held tight to
the bottom part by the head of the screw.

I know that. Unfortunately it has nothing to do with the question or
my current situation.

Maybe I should have just asked for better machine screws without any
description, but some people prefer to know what's going on.

Bingo.

This is a discussion forum, not just a free information
service. Most of the members are very knowledgeable
and appreciate polite give-and-take discussion.