Posted to uk.d-i-y
mick[_2_] mick[_2_] is offline

Default What energy efficient lights do you use for your kitchen?

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:25:48 +0000, T i m wrote:

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 20:55:34 GMT, mick wrote:

The halogens are all fed via a "flying saucer" style PIR in the centre
of the room to give automatic switch-on & off.

How well does that work Mick? What sort of time delay do you have them
on? Have they ever turned off while you were actually in there and
working?

It works very well, thanks. I had the same concern at first (especially
as the ceiling is quite low), but I've not had any problem. The PIR has
several settings:

There is about 2 secs fixed delay on switch-on.
LUX = max brightness (30) (I think I should probably have set this
lower, but it works!)
TIME1 = 3min
TIME2 = 30min hold-on time after being triggered for TIME1 (IIRC!)
METER = 6m range sensitivity

I've not had any accidental switch-offs so far. I was a bit worried about
IR from the cooker preventing it from switching off, but that hasn't been
a problem either.

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info http://mixpix.batcave.net