Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Gillespie Mark Gillespie is offline

Default UFH Project - Part2 (AKA return of the Jedi...)

Tommorrow, I am lifting the floor, and planning on where to stick the pump
and maniifold, and other connection planning. I did a dry run this
evening, and connected all the bits I have up.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5839/ufhpumplp2.jpg

The plumbiung is reasonably straightforward. However I have a couple
questions regarding the pump, actuators and mixer thermostat, and how they
connect up electrically and adjusted.

Obviously the actuators are wired into the thermostat somehow, is the
power to the pump also fed via the wireles thermostat control valve? Or
does is the pump powered continuously?

There is also the mixer valve, with the extended temp probe, does this
need any special considerations? It does not seem to have any electrical
connections. What do I set this to? It seems I have 2 thermostats here,
one measuring the heat going out, and then the room thermostat closing the
return when the room gets too hot.

Any help/advice gratefully received!!